Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 86 of 365: Swing dancing

I woke up at 8am to pee, then went back to sleep only to wake up at 11am. What a sleep...I sure hope that'll help recharge myself.

Started the day with Annie and her dad as we journeyed to the REI right by the freeway. I thought it would be a big store, but it didn't look like much in the inside. Did find what Annie's dad was looking for, so we ventured out to the gift center. Then found out that most store there are closed and we needed passes to go in or something...

Well, it's okay, because we intend to walk around downtown for a while. Annie's dad dropped us off right by Moscone center and we walked to Westfield mall, where I had a fish and chips lunch. Expensive meal, but the portions were good. I had my fill at least, but the fish was so greasy, I think I'll be done with fish and chips for a while.

We walked around the mall for a while and went to Border's to check out travel guides for Sydney. Almost bought one guide book only to decide that this could be done at a later time. Stayed for a while checking out magazines and books before walking over to Macy's. Started to rain on our way there, so we dropped in Urban Outfitters as a pit stop before hitting Macy's. Pretty cool stuff at UO, but nothing I would get.

On to Macy's! I've reminded myself that I shop like a guy and found out that online shopping is the thing for me. Although some forms of shopping is best in person like purchasing new clothes or buying the first home. Sadly to say, my endurance for shopping in person is wearing out. Get me a drink of coffee and maybe I'll last the day. Reminds me of the days in Singapore when I shopped with Mom and Auntie Helen... Oh the long hours at the purse department...

We decided to head back home after checking out Jessica McClintock(?) where it was still sprinking. Getting the bus wasn't a problem. We caught the 38L and managed our way to 33rd Avenue where the rain started to fall again. So we took refuge at this coffee shop called the Art Bistro. Nice little coffee shop with good coffee and hot choclate. Very homely feel too, but they were playing some New Age stuff, which was weird to me.

We had dinner at Annie's where her dad cooked up a storm. Definitely fed well before the coming event, which was Swing dancing at the Verdi club! I have to say, I was nervous because dancing wasn't really my thing. Put me in a go-kart or behind the trigger of a paintball gun, but dancing is very much a foreign thing to my body. For some reason, I can't coordinate what I want to do and what my body should be doing. Regardless, the night went well and I managed to get it back for the moment. Dexter taught Annie and I once before a parent's appreciation dinner, but that was years back. Still glad that I went. At least I tried something that didn't feel right and tackle it. Try is the keyword and I want to conquer! Good day...tis a good day...

No comments:

Post a Comment