Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 62 of 365: Spiritual food

What a day off! I managed to get some things done while still have my time to play! At one point of the morning, I did feel...weird. Like the brink of sickness, but not... Never felt like this before, so I better watch myself.

Did some cleaning at the Duncan property, picked up mail, worship practice...Oh, worship practice for the Mandarin service! I can say that they are surprisingly good especially when they managed to hit the high notes. The first song took me by surprise in a weird sense because the music itself was arranged in a style I am completely unfamiliar. It sounded like something Russian... So different to the point where my comfortable bass riffs count for nothing... The practice took a long time overall. Thanks to the technician working on the projector, we started late. At the end, my back hurts and my head was spinning... Either way, it was a good practice. I was able to read some of the Chinese on the music, so that's pretty cool.

Made baked potatoes for dinner. Figured that half a sack of taters shouldn't go to waste. Got some bacon going and pop them in with American cheese on top to melt into the cracks. Not bad, but it could sure use some sour cream and green onions. I love potatoes...

There was something from BSF that caught my attention and it wasn't something new. Essentially, our devotions and prayers are, in a sense, spiritual food for our revived spirit. What we feed from the junk food of the world, such as media influences, bodily appearance and expensive hobbies, are nothing more than the potato chips, high fructose corn syrup and trans fats. Taste good, but not necessary beneficial. Paul writes to the Corinthian church in the book of 1 Corinthians about the same thing. In 1 Corinthians 10:23, Paul agrees with the church that everything and anything is open for us to enjoy, but it is not always good for us. Same for junk food and salads. One is good, but not very nutrious while the other, taste pending on the style of cooking, may taste off-worldly to our sinful desires is good in all aspects.

I hope that this is something that will give good insight of what our spiritual self have to partake as our physical self does with our daily meals. One thing that BSF pointed out was that we can fast physically, but we cannot afford to fast spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment