Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 66 of 365: Dad's sermons

Today felt like a Monday...at least, in the morning it did. Didn't want to wake up, worrying about what the day will bring...stuff like that. I think I was nervous about playing for the Mandarin service since I didn't feel like I'm good enough to play with confidence. Either way, I woke up and got to church. Ran through the songs especially the technical details of it. Quite challenging compared with how it was done with Uncle Tad, but that's because Uncle Tad is much more routined and predictable. This morning's set was different in many ways, which I like. My voice was a little messed up for some reason. Can't hit certain notes... Need more practice.

The Mandarin portion went as clockwork as it could. Given I'm a bassist, most people probably couldn't hear my mistakes. Well, the majority of the congregation are the elderly, so they very well can't pick up such a low tone. I stayed for the whole service. Tried to practice listening to Mandarin. Sitting through it did make me miss Dad's sermons...

Went home after to shower and make lunch. Yes, I didn't shower the night before because I was too tired to shower... Anyway, dumplings was for lunch and Annie came over after her meeting, just when the dumplings were done. She started to help me clean up a little, but I jumped straight into cleaning myself after the dumplings went down my mouth. I'm not comfortable when people are doing something that I should be doing too.... Gasp! Annie will know that weakness!

After cleaning, I went over to Annie's for dinner and it was good as usual. Almost had some durian for dessert, but Annie didn't appreciate me getting stinky durian breath, so I had some when I got home.

Simple day, but it felt short...too short....

No comments:

Post a Comment