Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 69 of 365:City Toyota

I love my days off...so relaxing... Especially when I get to stay up late and sleep in... Actually, the staying up late is getting shorter. I was able to stay awake for a long time, but if I'm not active, I will doze off. Anyway, I woke up with enough sleep, but with an irritated nose. Finally decided to just jump out at around 9:30. Had quite a day ahead of me.

Well, I started the day with a little bit of Modern Warfare. Now, now, let me finish... I played just one game when I know it in my heart that it's not the right way to start the day. So I got my BSF homework, went to New Taraval and had BSF over some light breakfast. I like New Taraval because it's cheap and it's a mom-and-pop shop. I strongly support independent businesses!

I went back home and went through some stuff for the Camry. Walked over to the car just to confirm a problem with a part from the fog lights. Lo and behold, that part wasn't the right shape. eBay goods... That's when I decided to drive over to City Toyota to do some maintenance on the Camry. I know I planned to do the oil change myself, but I check for the tools I needed, particularly a car jack and jack stands, but there were none. I don't know if my neighbor has any of those tools, but I wouldn't use it unless I have their permission... So off to City Toyota!!

Got there and registered for the maintenance. Went to the waiting room and found a 2001 Toyota MR-S at the show floor. In my mind, I know I want to sit in it because it was one of those cars on my "want" list. What makes this car so unique and desired? It's a small car that is a convertible. It's lightweight makes it good on gas and fun to toss around. Downside: two seats only. I still love it. Would I give up my dreams of the Supra for this...probably yes. Oooh, the temptation and frustration of lustful desires of automotive sorts... Why am I so into cars and yet unable to enjoy it? 'Sigh'... Actually, I know the reasons, but it doesn't stop me from dreaming... At least God opened the door for the Camry. I like the car. And it's white!

After all the car drooling at City Toyota, I went to Target to get the Christmas gift for this Friday's dinner party. Thank God for a $5 and $10 item shelves! Definitely made shopping easy! And shopping at Target was fast this time. Didn't get anything else superficial. Just what I need.

Went home to find Vincent and Amos playing Modern Warfare 2. Decided to finish the rest of the Japanese curry and made enough for lunch tomorrow. Good stuff. Soon after that, it's worship practice time for the Mandarin. Got there early to help set up and practice a little on my own. When everyone got there, I found out that there was no drummer to play for that Sunday. Bummer... I decided to step down for this Sunday since it'll be awkward without the drummer to compliment the bass. Oh well...

Went over to Annie's for a while after that and came home to do some laundry. I love laundry...really? Not really...

No comments:

Post a Comment