Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 82 of 365: Christmas shopping

I did some more Christmas shopping after work today. Wanted to do a quick grab-and-go. Don't like to deal with crowds, waiting in lines and fighting with myself of what to buy. It's the masculine side of me attempting to be effective with my shopping. After snatching everything I wanted to get for my friends, I went home and made dinner. Dumplings again! Well, it's food. Can't believe I'm actually running out of dumplings, but I think Kristy ate some.

Watched some movies and wrapped the gifts all through the night, but the main thing was trying to unlock stuff on the Xbox. Seriously, the video gaming industry has found the MOST effective way to keep gamers engaged, or frustrated, by giving a set of achievements to acquire. I bet every OCD gamer out there made it a career to get every achievement. Matter of fact, I'm doing that myself, but one achievement at a time, then leave the rest for later. The most frustrating part is where it's near impossible to get some achievements...

I'm going to need to find a place of isolation...a sanctuary for myself. A recent email that Dexter sent out about how Jesus retreated away from crowds to be isolated and recharge Himself. Ought to follow His example, but is there more meaning behind this, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment