Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 30 of 365: Save up

So tired...still have to wake up for BSF...it's starting to become a struggle to wake up early especially when I have less hours to sleep than before. At least the positive news for the morning is that the position I'm filling in for, temporary, in BSF leadership has finally received a candidate! This is quite a delight for me as my capacity to serve in multiple ministries seem to be stretched thin. I pray that the candidate will be led by God to do well in this position.

After the meeting, I decided to get my hair trimmed. The barber I usually go to, but haven't in a couple of months, still remembers me and wondered where I was for the past months. I feel almost special that he still has me in mind! I was going to a different barber before, but for some reason, I felt the need to go back. I don't know yet if this is what God intended, but in any case, it'll be exciting to see what is in stored for this.

With my clean cut trim, I met up with Annie to do one thing: start a joined bank account. Good to have and definitely a good discipline to manage. Word of advice to those with marriage in mind: SAVE UP!!! It'll help you in the future!

Came home after to wash all the little annoying stubs and pieces of hair and after that, Annie and I went to In-and-Out for lunch. Good stuff especially 'Animal' style burger and fries, but this one was one of the most messiest and saltiness burger from this joint I have ever had! I know they're not usually like this. Still love it!

Annie and I planned to have a time of recreational activities! Throwing the Frisbee was what's on our minds and we thought we join Amos' group for a game of Ultimate Frisbee. Met some new friends (Allen and Laura). Started a game going, but I think I got a little competitive when the other team was doing some "borderline" cheating with the short passes that were pretty much 'hand-offs'. I know it's just a casual game, but that's eating game time for those that don't play this game often enough. I thought it was inconsiderate... Tried playing Badminton for a while despite not being inside. The wind wasn't that bad and it was manageable.

Dinner was at Little Beijing. There was 11 of us that went and we ordered just enough. I know that after running around and playing sports I would be more thirst than hungry. Ended up eating two small bowls of rice and various dishes.

And then! Worship practice! It was quick and easy. With Uncle Tad leading, it literally was an in and out deal. He knew what he wanted and all of us had to deliver. I couldn't think of much to playing around with on the bass and I think it's because my mind is still fresh from playing the acoustic guitar on Wednesday. That's good stuff!

Went to Victor's after to just hang out. Played this silly game involving a brown paper bag where the player has to grab it by the mouth while balancing in one foot. It seems challenging just watching. After each round, the paper bag gets an inch trim off the top to make it shorter and harder for the player to grab the bag. Amos and Mei went at it until there was maybe about...less than a quarter of the bag left? Nuts...

No comments:

Post a Comment