Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 29 of 365: Dumb Walgreen's

Not as crazy as yesterday, but definitely no different with the desperation of each person who fears the H1N1. I still don't see it as a big deal... Maybe because I know that death is not the end, but the beginning. Oh, I might have seen Kendrick's mom in the clinic today, but with the rush of several hundred people trying to get in, I can't be too sure if it really was her.

I finally got to have lunch with Annie after what...years of not having lunch on a workday! Actually got to give it to Annie having to drive over and set her schedule to have lunch. Thanks lo paw! Definitely a good change and refreshing face to look at compared with the faces of confused and sick people.

Fellowship was Parents Appreciation and I expected it to be chaotic trying to manage a bunch of young Jr High students, but mostly trying to get them to follow the plan. I thought it went well, but this is probably another indication that I need to recharge. I simply didn't have the energy to manage every thing. This is not like it was several years back when I had the energy for everything. God help me for the remainder of the school year... I'm starting to look forward to the summer where the break begins from BSF!

I did get nervous with the pumpkin carving activity that was intended for the students and their parents, but I felt most uneasy when certain students that I thought were not mentally fit to handle carving and utility knives started to hack away at pumpkins that were thick and difficult to cut through. I think one grazed himself with the utility knife... Definitely something to consider in the future... Oh, and invest in good carving knives. The ones I bought broken shortly after being used... Dumb Walgreen's brand...

No comments:

Post a Comment