Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 28 of 365: Madhouse

I expected the clinic to be busy and chaotic because of the H1N1 vaccine that given out today, but I never thought I would spend an hour on the phone without a moment of silence! It was literally one call after another! When it seem like the calls ended and I motioned my hands to replace the handset, another call rings in. The worst was at 4pm when the vaccination begins. This is not a clinic anymore, it's a madhouse! Noise came from screaming children and adults in full conversation with the nurses. I can't believe that the line for the vaccine stretched to wrap around the block with people lining up in clusters! It looks as though it was Black Friday and we were selling high demand goods. Even at 10 in the morning, people set up shop with their books and chairs, waiting to be the first to receive the vaccine. Too bad, none for them because we started to give priority to pregnant women and children. That's good in a way. Get all the crying children out of the way first.

Coming home was a breath of fresh air and a good moment to recollect myself from the noise. After that, it was the TnT meeting, which went well. Lots of things to follow up on and I feel like I have no time.


No comments:

Post a Comment