Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 3 of 365: Frustrated freedom

I solved the mystery of the silent alarm this morning. I woke up 10 minutes after the alarm suppose to go off and in my semi-conscious state, I checked it and discovered that the audio file was corrupted. The alarm worked on its own, but only in the form of a vibration. Half awake, I finally got the phone alarm after going through the remaining audio files... The time for a new phone draws near...

Worship was refreshing today. The set went well and Pastor Kingston covered the topic of the Temple of Solomon and the sacredness of the Temple's articles. Definitely see the many things of the church differently.

After the message, I sat in the Jr. High Sunday school to help out and there was a moment of great intellectual debate between the students. Know this, these are Jr. High students! 11-13 years of age and yet their minds are able to comprehend great thought! Jr. High ministry has bumped itself up a notch and the leaders need to follow suit. It's rather encouraging for me to see students learn at a great level. Encourages me to be well-versed in my theology.

Sitting in Sunday school helped killed off some time before my ride gets out of his class. Didn't get home, but I did have lunch with some folk (Amos, Joan, Mei, Mike, Brian W., Ken and Felix) at PPQ on Clement. Good lunch and some good time of fellowship. After that, it was home bound.

On the way home, driving on Park Presidio, we (Amos, Brian W., Mei and Joan) saw some folks from the Pro-Life group and they were holding signs against abortion. One of them apparently had a conversation with the car in front and from the looks of the group member, it didn't look very agreeable. When the light turned green, a hand stuck out with the thumb pointing down. Talk about discouraging...

At this point, I decided to take a detour and head towards Great Highway to drop Brian off. Just at the intersection of 18th Ave and Cabrillo, going towards Fulton, everything was normal until this Mercedes S-class decided to forget me and go through the intersection when I was half way through. First time in a long time, the horn went off. I think after that, I wasn't very happy.

Fast forward to me bringing dropped off at home after Brian, I was suppose to meet up with Uncle George with Annie to look at a property that could be another management project. Good opportunity to learn something more, but my mood was already fouled out... I stayed calm and collected for as long as I can and went with the flow of things.

I later spent some time with Annie at Target and Best Buy for a while before heading home to chill and relax. Played Fallout 3 for a while, then Forza 2 and Zombie Apocalypse.

Jeremy's philosophical corner:

So the incident with the Pro-Life and Pro-Choice had me thinking a little and I just have a couple of things to say. Not much, but I think it's provocative. Here goes: This is the United States, but a divided nation. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment