Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 12 of 365: Relaxed mind

Woke to the best sound...the sound of rain beating on the window. Strangely, that's one of the best forms of sleep for myself. To hear the rain is like music that puts me to a hypnotic state of mind. In a way, it was a comforting feeling. That meant that I didn't want to wake up, but I had to. I must...

Work was slow, but I was able to go through the day with a relaxed mind. Where I was sitting was a perfect position to gaze outside and watch the drops of rain fall in an awkward 45 degree angle. I read on the news that winds were blowing close to hurricane speeds. It was sort of exciting, but of course, a tad scary. Yeah, just a tad...

I called Sunset Scavenger to work on getting a compost bin for one of the properties I'm helping to manage. Thankfully the wait wasn't long and I was able to speak with a friendly agent. Next thing I know it, it's all done and ready. Scratch one off the list!

Had lunch with Mom for one last time before she flies off to Singapore. That means more things to do around the house for Amos and I, but I like to see this as good training for our future lives with our own families. Taking care of the chores and such. Anyway, back to the lunch...We went to Loi's for pho and what a great time to do so! With the rain and wind come about cold, the hot bowl of pho was perfect to warm us up. The only thing was that the food came fast, it was gone fast. Lunch was in and out in under 30 minutes. After which I went around with her to the variety store and the gas station. I just had too much time left for lunch and I wasn't going to spend it in front of my office computer surfing the internet.

Getting back to do the last couple hours of work was a breeze. Went by really fast. Headed home after and wind down before BSF started. Honestly, I'm starting to feel drained out for ministry. I don't think it's work that's affecting me. I just feel like I need to receive more than I give at this moment. Or maybe I don't have enough to give to the point where I give more that I have? Argh...I can save that for a philosophical moment later...in the week. Anyway, thank God though for holding the rain in its place for the whole night. Not one drop landed on our heads or the ground for that matter. Dry, but cold night. Still, I was able to move all the material for the night without getting it wet. God is good...

I miss my fiancee...I know I talked to her last night, but it felt like we haven't seen each other in a long while. Hi honey! I tried to call, but I guess you were tired... I'll see you tomorrow night though! We can have that yakitori bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment