Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 2 of 365: Enjoying the moment

Saturday mornings begins with an early meeting with the Bible Study Fellowship leaders and I woke up 5 minutes before the meeting's start time at 6:55am. I didn't know whether I slept through the alarm or I unconsciously snoozed it. It was definitely snoozed, but either possible actions could very well be the culprit. Regardless, I called and informed Ben to anticipate my late arrival and sped change, brush and drove to the church. The fastest time I ever clocked for my drive to BSF. Poor car has to warm up on the go...

The meeting itself was normal and I told myself to suck up and be a man about coming in late. I was given the task of filling in for the Children Supervisor since the previous had to step down and that means me, the young, leading the older, more experienced men of the team. I can't say that I feel comfortable with the role, but for now, the need is filled. It's definitely something I wouldn't want to hold on to for long.

After a couple hours, it was worship practice for Sunday Service. The set was songs that we haven't played in a while, so that will be refreshing. Had lunch with mom after that at Stack's with Annie and Amos.

Few hours and a nap later, it was dinner at Annie's. Her parents cooked which usually means a banquet. Awesome food as usual with abalone, sweet shrimp and lots of other good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment