Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 13 of 365: Enduring patience

There are some things that many of the youth don't fully understand...yet! Only until they reach a certain age do they see what their folks see. What the mature and wise adults saw through their experiences. Even so, each path differs from the other. Your path of life is not the exact match to mine and though similarities may parallel each other, there is always a slight deviation. Thank God though for those similarities what we do share. That's where you find mentorship and disciplehood. You follow the examples of those you admire and know will gain knowledge for the future. Solomon asked God for wisdom and he was right to do so. He knew the road he is on is going to be rough for himself to walk alone, so he needed to educate himself to know exactly what to expect and what to do in certain situations.

If anything, today was a reminder of the enduring patience that I need to learn. For work, for family and for the church, I see that wisdom brings forth more than the selfish desires to seek the pleasures of the world. Pleasures that are fading even now, but thanks be to God that He only desires to see us in success and as the living testimony of His glory, His providing Hand! I have a long life ahead and by faith, my household will serve the Lord. He gives freely to those that love Him and will use anything and everything on my path of life to give me a serving of wisdom. Every day there's something new to learn. The only problem is not taking the opportunity to grasp it and apply it to our lives.

I love my family and my fiancee a lot. I probably don't say it enough, but that's the truth and by living the truth of life, I hold dear in my heart a desire to please the one that first showed His love to me. I will not sway nor falter as long as the Lord is with me. As long as I take refuge in the arms of the loving Savior, there really is nothing that man can say to crumble the foundations of my faith. Despite the world's desperate attempt to remove God, I will not be discouraged for the king I serve will not allow Himself to step away from us.

Oh, met one of the wedding photographer today before dinner at a ramen place. I like him!

No comments:

Post a Comment