Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 123 of 365: Another balance

Monday...what a day... Finished a lot at work today, but it felt numb. I have little memory of what I did other than what I had for lunch, which was leftovers from the day before. At least things were done... Oh, is it me or people are slowly turning into psychopaths? Seriously, I tried to help a patient that had seem to think that the whole world is against him. If I used one word that was not of his liking, it'll trigger an explosive reaction of emotions. Crazy...

Anyway, enough about work. I didn't know what to do for dinner. Annie helped with the brainstorming and I ended up in Sunset Super, walking and thinking about what I could make. At the end, it was grounded pork, long green beans and eggplant. I think it came out alright, though there is plenty to improve on. Something to try for next time.

For the rest of the evening, I tried to do several things, but ended up doing that which is most important and had the highest priority: Premarital counseling homework. I really had to put a lot of thought into it for the first half and the second half needed less time, but there's a lot of them.

There was a revelation in my thoughts about marriage. Happiness is not one-sided. It's not just the husband doing things to make his wife happy or vice versa. It's both ways. Both husband and wife have to work together to fulfill each others' needs. If one has to compromise, then that's the step to take, but the other has to do the same. It's another balance that could be more delicate. Then again, anything you balance is delicate... That's why there's good and evil. Landing on either sides is easy. A balance between the two is challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment