Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 186 of 365: Resourceful ways

God has given me a few comforts that i find difficult to not love. i'm thankful for music, for family, for my wife-to-be, my car. No matter what brings me down, God picks me up through these gifts. Video games can't satisfy the same anymore. Not as it was before as my world of escape. Maybe this is growth of mature comfort. Something that is more than just superficial.

My most recent comfort came in a small package: the ukulele. Somehow, it's different from the guitar in many ways. Compact, melodiously soothing and very easy to pick up. i'm really enjoying my ukulele a lot and slowly discovering much more in music through it. i feel like there's more to learn from this small instrument and i'm thankful that i've been exposed to a lot of string instruments through the years that God gave me. The guitar, the bass, the viola and that Chinese board of strings, whatever that's called.

God heals and He does it in resourceful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment