Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 341 of 365: Back-up plan

Today was what work days ought to be: Busy. Phone calls came in like an epic event that cause a police operator board to light up like a Christmas tree! i wasn't stressed out or anything, but it was a lot of phone calls. After that big crisis, the next big one was a downed program on the computer that was responsible for making appointments. My hope is that we didn't miss any patient's appointment or else it'll be another mess to clean up. i managed to figure out an alternative way to schedule, but it was more work. Thank God that i was able to keep my cool through it all.

It was cool and foggy today and i rode my bike to work. i'm starting to enjoy warm days where the breeze i get from going down hills are more than a welcome comfort. Down hills on a cold day bit me hard, but at least the majority of the trip was uphill. Good work out! Now if i can keep it up.

i came home and ate little. Just a Char Siew bau and that's it. If anything, i should be more thirsty. Then came the urge to cook something and that's what i did. i grabbed everything that i could find like baby carrots, celery, onions, mushrooms and put them all in a pot of water. You can say it's my experimental attempt to make soup. The unfortunate part? My kitchen was meatless. No chicken or pork bones at least. Almost freaked out when i thought i would be eating vegan tonight, but thank God that it didn't turn that way. What started to look like vegetable soup became something that looks like Lentil soup when i added oatmeal, rice and beans. It got thicker and still not enough flavor to please my taste buds. i took a shower and that's where it hit me! i had two hot links left and the idea of making Jambalaya tingled my tummy. Cleaned and refreshed, i got my hands dirty with hot links!

Of course, i didn't just cook all afternoon. i began a project that needed attention: the Honeymoon schedule. It is rather fun to go through such a large period of time and plan each detail to the letter. Even though the back of my mind cries out that not all plans go through, it had me thinking if a back-up plan needs to be thought out. Too much work. At the most, i'll give some grace period between each event.

Dinner was good. Surprisingly good. And thank God that the joy of cooking is in me. Even if it's just random cooking, i know i can make anything at home for Annie. Call it the random meal or dinner of surprise. Makes me wonder what is next. i know i'm thinking fried chicken, but healthier. Now to think about how to make it healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment